AULC annual conference 2023 | Thursday 27th – Friday 28th April 2023 | Hosted by the University of Edinburgh
The 24th Association of University Language Communities (AULC) annual conference will be hosted by the University of Edinburgh’s Centre for Open Learning on Thursday 27th and Friday 28th April 2023.
The conference will be held in person, in Edinburgh.
The conference title is Language for All in Higher Education: Inclusion, Diversity, and Sustainability.
The aim of the conference is to enable language educators and scholars to present and discuss their practice, pedagogies and research around the following three broad strands:
- Teaching and learning languages (for all).
- Equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Sustainability of language centres.
- University-wide language provision
- Embedding languages in the curriculum
- Languages policy and plurilingualism
- Scholarship of language educators
- Post-pandemic language learning technologies
- Innovative assessment and feedback
- Decolonising language teaching and language teacher education
- Language variation
- Mediation and interculturality
- Sanctuary language courses
The conference will be an opportunity for our community to come together to share practice, pedagogies, research and reflections in our context.
We invite submissions for 20-minute presentations, or for fully formed one-hour panels or workshops. If you would like to present on a topic related to any of the above themes, please complete this online form with an abstract of up to 300 words.
The closing date for submission of abstracts is Monday 9th January at 10am.
We look forward to receiving your submission!
We expect to notify contributors by the end of January whether their submission has been accepted.
If you have any questions, please email: AULC2023@ed.ac.uk